A Bit About Me . . .!

Hello, My name is Emily Alford. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Secondary Education/English and hope to teach 9th or 10th grade when I graduate! After I start teaching, I plan on getting my Masters Degree. I am very excited to share my ideas and creativity with you all!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Preparing For The Future

I intend to provide my students with a class syllabus on the first day of class. The students will be in high school and will be in the process of preparing for their futures in college. In college, instructors provide their students with a class syllabus at the beginning of each semester.
As a college student, I have looked forward to receiving my syllabus on the first day of class, so I could get organized and know exactly what my semester was going to entail in order for me to excel.
I want to teach my students to be organized, mature, and to plan ahead; to not wait until the last minute to a get a major project done. This will also help parents/guardians to plan ahead. For instance: Some families go out of town for holidays and leave early to beat traffic. If they see the student's have a test on the day they plan to leave, they can reschedule their departure time or date ahead of schedule. I think this will be extremely beneficial to everyone involved.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work Emily. Good luck with the "no homework policy" That would make a good research project.

    ReplyDelete