A Bit About Me . . .!

Hello, My name is Emily Alford. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Secondary Education/English and hope to teach 9th or 10th grade when I graduate! After I start teaching, I plan on getting my Masters Degree. I am very excited to share my ideas and creativity with you all!

Monday, October 19, 2009

No Homework Policy!

This is going to sound crazy and I will probably receive mixed reviews about this, but I do not believe in homework. I do, however, believe in students having a time to rest their minds, play, and spend time with family. Students are at school for nearly eight hours a day. Most schools give their students a 30 minute lunch break. Students spend all day reading, writing, learning, solving, studying, testing, and working their minds. When they go home from school, they should be able to partake in extra curricular activities, exercise, spend time with friends, watch the after school special on television, and eat dinner with their families without worrying about the loads of homework they need to get done before tomorrow. I do think the occasional project, report, or studying for an exam are okay for homework, but I don't want my students overloaded and burnt out on learning. I want them refreshed and ready to learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment