A Bit About Me . . .!

Hello, My name is Emily Alford. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Secondary Education/English and hope to teach 9th or 10th grade when I graduate! After I start teaching, I plan on getting my Masters Degree. I am very excited to share my ideas and creativity with you all!

Monday, October 19, 2009

No Bare Walls

One thing that always bothered me in high school was how most of the teacher's did not take the time to decorate their classrooms. Bulletin boards and classroom walls seemed to be cold with solid colored cement blocks and the usual chalkboards. What happened to creativity in our schools? Are high school students not worthy of some color, a little construction paper, and cute decorative border? I can count on one hand the teachers I had in high school that kept their classrooms up and those with all honesty are the classrooms that I actually enjoyed learning in.
Students are there to learn and we, as teachers have the responsibility of making their learning environment as warm and inviting as possible. I personally intend to change my bulletin boards often and exhibit local artist's artwork on my cement walls to inspire the young mind's that spend hours upon hours in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment